My non-stress tests (NST's) started this week. First one was on Monday and the second one was today. I'll have these twice a week through the month of July. What is an NST you might ask? My description is about 30-40 minutes of sitting in a chair and relaxing, not thinking about anything. I almost want to fall asleep, it's that peaceful and I probably need the rest. What happens is that I am hooked up to two monitors. The first monitor is to track the baby's heartbeat. The second is to track if I have any contractions and if so, how does the baby react. So far, no contractions and the baby's heartbeat has been fine. What's funny is that our little one is constantly moving around all day and all night long.....except for when we're on this monitor for the NST's. The monitor plays the baby's heartbeat sound and I'm thinking that maybe the baby hears it, but I really have no idea if it's true. For some reason, I sit in that chair, get hooked up to the monitors and baby typically stays still. Go figure! Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm also given a little trigger button to press anytime I feel the baby move....that's where track the baby's movement compared to what I feel.
All in all, the NST's are going well.
No comments:
Post a Comment